You are not going to be successful by yourself. Yes, you can advance. But in the game of politics, you work with others. Listen to this six-minute discussion on how to strategically create a network for your success.
Before you continue to the next section:
Whether you know it or not, you do have a network. It takes time and energy to cultivate your network. Review the people with whom you have positive professional relationships:
- What network do you think they belong to for you – operational. strategic, or developmental?
- What network do you think you belong to for them – operational, strategic, or developmental?
- Would they recognize that you are part of each other’s networks?
- What can you do to solidify and strengthen this relationship?
Review your operational, strategic, and developmental networks:
- Which networks could use some more members?
- Who should you add?
- How will you develop your relationship?